« Jazzy And Tully... | Main | Moo Cards... »

August 25, 2007

Comments

Theresa

Your best bet is to head to the doctor! I was stung about a month ago as well and the swelling would not go down. After three days is was worse! The Dr. said I had an allergic reaction to the bite(s); I was stung three times!! I tried them all, penny, meat tenderizer, nothing worked. Hope your better by Canton day!!

Bren

I agree with several of the remmedies...use a credit card/drivers license or similer and scrape across to remove the stinger, I have used chewing tobbacco/snuff and meat tenderizer, we tell our school clinic staff to use baking soda paste made with water and leave it on to dry.
Love the kitchen, and can't wait to see the deck

Rosemary

Hi Tina,
My mom was bitten today too. Scrap the area with the edge of a credit card to remove any stingers, wash with soap & water & then dab with amonia and use an ice pack. That is what we always did. Damn those wasps! Hope you feel better! Keep the ice on~~Rosemary~

Robyn

So sorry to hear about your hand! Try meat tenderizer. Always worked for me. Love your kitchen. Lovely shot!

Robyn

So sorry to hear about your hand! Try meat tenderizer. Always worked for me. Love your kitchen. Lovely shot!

sandi @ the whistlestop cafe

Is it better? I hope so by now!
Those were some great tips... I'll have to keep them in mind.

Teresa

Tina...
Send Milton to the all night drug store...and get some Bendadryl...liquid is fasting acting and good to have around in case little ones are there and need it...and if it starts getting worse...OR it's not better in the morning...you need to see a doctor...probably give you something for swelling...like a meddrol? dose pack of steroids...or maybe a shot...I know those hurt...but it's better than the rest of you swelling up like a hot air balloon...DR. "T" says it...do it...okay!!

Take care...seriously...
"T"

Teresa

Tina...
Send Milton to the all night drug store...and get some Bendadryl...liquid is fasting acting and good to have around in case little ones are there and need it...and if it starts getting worse...OR it's not better in the morning...you need to see a doctor...probably give you something for swelling...like a meddrol? dose pack of steroids...or maybe a shot...I know those hurt...but it's better than the rest of you swelling up like a hot air balloon...DR. "T" says it...do it...okay!!

Take care...seriously...
"T"

Debbie Garrett

I read recently that if you take a penny and tape it on the bee sting, it will take the swelling away and pain. I live in South Louisiana and swear by preparatin H mixed together with neosporin for ant bites. The minute you get stung you add the mixture and by morning the redness and swelling and itching is gone. I worked in a pharmacy and my pharmacist use to mix this up for customers all the time. Hope you hand is better! Debbie

tina

Thanks everyone for your advice for my wasp sting! I've tried everything except the benedryl by mouth, thats because I don't have any...my hand is still BIG AND ((SWOLLEN)) and itchy!! I'm sure I'm super allergic to them..I probably needed to go to the doctor and still do..Thanks again!

Valery

Hey Tina- wasp stings venom are alkaline, so you need vinegar or ammonia on it.- & a cold ice pack for the swelling. also take a couple benedryl- if you could get some of the pure natural apple cider vinegar , that is the only kind that works- & try to get a little of it inside the bite area- with a thin needle- lance open the area a little , so it drains a little venom & get the vinegar to go inside the bite area. Make sure the wasp backed his stinger out too-


I love the idea of a cottage green on your deck-- what color is it? I love the cottage green color like Martha stewarts dinnerwear & also jadite green.

I was so glad to see that you got a playmate for Tully!- how wonderful!- Youy will enjoy having the pair.- We love our two little maltese- can't imagine one without the other.- Congrats on a new family member!-Love, Valery xo-take care-

Teresa

Ouch!!! Tina...bee's are MEAN...I have some bumble bees hanging around my sweet potato vine...I'm not getting near it any time soon!!

OK...remedies...you want remedies...I got remedies...
1. cut an onion in half...rub on bee sting for five minutes or so...(make sure you have removed the stinger)...the swelling/pain/itching....should go away w/in about 10 minutes or at least diminish.

2. Chewing Tabacco is probably a better source than cigarette tobacco...but either works..moisten w/water...place on the sting, cover with a bandaide or gauze...leave for about 20 minutes (it may sting a bit) and then rinse under cold water.

3. Preparation H...believe it or not will help with the burning/swelling/itching...especially since its been a day...yea...that stuff works good for bags under your eyes, too...so I HEAR!!

4. cut a dill pickle in half...rub on wound...till you start feeling some relief...you may have to do this more than one time...so if this works...that tells me it's probably the vinegar in it...but I've been told natural apple cider vinegar is best...you can find it at local health food store...but I'm sure just good ole fashion vinegar would give you some relief, too.

5. take a couple of plain asprin...make a paste out of it by mixing w/a bit of water...apply to area...wait till it drys...rinse and repeat if needed.

6. my mom always used a baking soda paste...you can make it two ways...take the baking soda and add cold water for a paste OR you can add vinegar...I think the combination of the vinegar/baking soda has more of the "drawing" power...she ususally did this right after we were stung...but it will certainly not hurt...

I think too, you need to take some benadryl...great for the swelling...and itching...plus you can rub cortisone cream on it if you like...ALSO...I hear...you're suppose to STAY out of the heat, pour yourself a cool glass of wine...while having hubby finish the painting...you must be sitting there watching under a cool fan or in the air conditioned house...now I'm not a doctor...but Milton doesn't have to know that...yes...be sure to tell him Dr. "T" says to...get off your feet immediately, have him pour you some wine, finish the painting AND make you dinner...this may need to be repeated on a daily basis for a couple of days...in severe cases...at least a week...just sayin'!!

Can't wait to see your creations on the porch...when you coming here to help me paint!!! lol

Blessings...and take care of your hand!

"T"

Monkey Giggles

My daddy always told me to use toothpaste on bee stings.

tinam61tina

Cortisone creme and benedryl will work wonders. So sorry for the ouchie!

It's so humid here - I don't think paint would dry!

tina

Kathy

Oh my gosh! Tina I just noticed I have the same chicken as the one in your kitchen. I even have the two little chicks too. How funny. Do you have any idea about the age? I have my mama with chicks under an apple tree. I was looking at that great apple green color you painted your island when I notice her.
Sorry about you wasp sting. I don't know any cure. I've tried several with no success.
Best,
Kathy

Mrs. Rabe

I second the meat tenderizer! I don't know how much it will help on the second day though!

Terri

Can't wait to see the deck! Hope your hand is better and those remedies are the ones I have heard of, too!

Nancy

Devil's Club. It's a salve you might find at a health food store. It's a wild shrub here in Alaska and I use it for all my itchy, sore stuff.

Gail

My Mom always put mud on our bee stings(but right away!)...I love your kitchen! I have to show my husband the picture of it! He says our kitchen is to small to have a dish washer, I see you have one and it looks perfect!It's only been 25 years without one,I think I deserve one! Where did you get your center island?

Dena

I was going to say cigarette tobacco too, that's what my husbands grandmother always did :)

Dena

Carrie

Have fun painting that porch, can't wait to see pictures!
Sorry, I don't have any ideas for that wasp sting, but I hope it's feeling better very soon.
God bless :)

Robolady

Try vinegar on that sting. Can't wait to see the deck

oakwindfarm

The plans for the porch sound wonderful.

For the bee sting, try moistening meat tenderizer or tobacco from a cigarette and putting it on the sting. It will sting a little but will draw out the venom. And it might help to take some Benedryl too.
Hope it is better soon!

Verify your Comment

Previewing your Comment

This is only a preview. Your comment has not yet been posted.

Working...
Your comment could not be posted. Error type:
Your comment has been posted. Post another comment

The letters and numbers you entered did not match the image. Please try again.

As a final step before posting your comment, enter the letters and numbers you see in the image below. This prevents automated programs from posting comments.

Having trouble reading this image? View an alternate.

Working...

Post a comment

Your Information

(Name is required. Email address will not be displayed with the comment.)

My Photo

Our Cottage Home In East Texas...

Instagram




Kathy's Cottage Home

Monica's Vintage Cottage Home

Thanks Typepad!

Find the best blogs at Blogs.com.

Cottage Style Magazine

  • Our cottage kitchen was featured in Cottage Style Magazine in the June/July issue under "Ask the Experts - No Need to Match"

Blog powered by Typepad
Member since 01/2007

October 2017

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31        

You Deserve a Cherry!

typepad


The Market at Cherry Hill Cottage

  • Etsy